Well, ajhollis tagged me over a week ago, so I suppose to avoid being a poor sport, I really should come up with six weird things about myself. This was really a challenge, of course, since I’m so normal.
1. I have a thing about toilet lids. They are supposed to be DOWN. As in, closed! Now I don’t really think this is weird at all, mind you, (I mean, why put a lid on something if not to close it, right?) but it is a major pet peeve with me that an incredible number of people simply waltz away and leave the ugly thing gaping open. Judging by the times I have to close them, I’m assuming that this is weird to other people.
2. I am very picky about bedcovers. They have to come exactly up to my neck, and they can’t be too tight over my feet. Most people tuck WAY too much in at the bottom, so that if I pull them up to my neck, then I can’t wiggle my toes. That means that the first thing I do when getting into a bed that I didn’t make myself is to pull all the covers out at the bottom.
3. I hate long toenails scraping on the sheets, too. Perhaps this is why when I was a little girl, I used to bite my toenails? Yep, really. I was more flexible then, apparently. I haven’t actually tried, lately, but I think I’d struggle to do that now.
4. I never roll over while I sleep. I really would like to, because I think maybe I wouldn’t wake up so stiff and sore, but I just don’t. I’m always flat on my back, with my arms in the same exact position. Like a mummy.
5. I despise blowing my nose in public so much that I almost never do it. It has to be a true emergency before I will.
6. And lest that makes me sound as if I’m an obsessive germophobe or something, I’ll finish up with this one: almost nothing makes me lose my appetite. I am always skeptical of people who get grossed out and can’t eat. I don’t care what you say or do, it generally doesn’t make my food taste bad. Sure, I prefer nice dinner table conversation, but I don’t push my plate away just because someone says the word booger! I also am amazed that some people won’t eat something their child has left on their plate or drink out of the same cup. I have no problem with it as long as there’s no obvious contamination. I think that’s probably why we’re all so healthy in this family–all those germ exchanges build up good immune systems!
Oh, there’s one other weird thing I forgot. I never forward things that are e-mailed to me unless I WANT TO, and I’m not tagging anyone unless they wanna be tagged. So if you think this sounds fun, post 6 weird facts about yourself. Otherwise, you’re free!